Friday, September 3, 2010

That was then..


About 7 years ago, we down-sized to a small duplex. We love that we don't have to keep putting money into the "Up-keep" of the smaller place. (the old house was a financial burden)
It's so nice and cozy..easy to heat, the yard is a lot small for the hubby to mow...

That was Then....

Now...
I miss all the room We use to have...
I can't even do half the crafts I use to because We don't have the space.
I've had this craving to make some soap and candles again, but again.. I don't have the storage space for all the materials.
I have been making blanket's, but I have to move furniture just to lay it out on the living room floor to work on them.

And, not to mention that this is the "Meeting" place. The place where everyone comes to. The hubby's buddies are always here watching the "Game", race or playing Tiger Woods golf on the Wii.

We need a bigger place! I need my craft room...Hubby needs a play room.

But, the worst part is, we don't even have extra room to put up house guest when they come to town. We had a death in the family, and I couldn't even offer family that flew in a place to stay.

I don't know if we will be able to find something a little bigger for the right price, but it never hurts to dream, and pray for it!

Hugs to all...



1 comments:

Nancy said...

I know exactly what you mean. We downsized, too. Too much. Our place is small and we can't offer guests a place to stay either. But then we decided to move to the beach. That house has two guest rooms and we've kept them as such instead of making me a craft room. I don't think any place is ever perfect, darn it. We still have our too small home and we have the beach house and we have stuff in both houses. Oy. The things we do to ourselves!